Katie Go Now!

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Rant!

A brief look at the trending topics on Twitter.

"Harry Potter" was one, so, of course, I clicked. And I smiled until I saw this:

(name withheld for painfully obvious reasons) damn that part when edward cullen dies in harry potter always makes me cry

Anyone who was at the EBC A-Team retreat knows this, so for their sake, I hope they don't read it. But freaking STOP thinking that Twilight has anything to do with Harry Potter.

The only thing the have in common is Rob Pattinson, who, contrary to the popular belief of obsessive 14-year-olds, is not actually a sparkly vampire or even a perfect gentleman. The two sagas are not even in the same genre of literature.

Call Twilight fantasty, but I argue that a more accurate term is "tween romance." All the emotional appeal without the details. Ew gross.

And not that I think J.K. Rowling is on par at all with the Inklings, but the HP series IS on par with Narnia and LOTR, at least in terms of the culture that has grown around it. It just is. It will linger as they have. (Yes, I know the movies aren't as good.)

Ok, I'm done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home