Katie Go Now!

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

A Standard Good Day

and the quotes that added laughter.

8:20am- breakfast with Diana and Meg-o. Double latté by Frank and Jo.
"I'm a BLT, bitch!"
"These should go here."

9:30am- Intro to Archaeology. I finished the WHOLE Collegian crossword.
...I don't remember much that was said.

11:00am- phone call with mommy.
"I bought you Thumper pajama pants!"
"And I'll wear them!"

12:00pm- Language consultant meeting with my Kenyan friend Danvas.
"I wouldn't even say that. I'm not Swahili."

12:35pm- Discussion of Paul's missionary journeys with a couple of homeless, bearded missionaries who are hanging out on campus this week. They wouldn't shake my hand because I'm a woman.
"Look at how much kids are amazed with the world. Why are they like that? Because the world is amazing. We've just gotten used to it."

1:05- Philosophy of Religions with Andrew Arana. Bill next to me to say "Nietzsche fails" about a dozen times. And the prof asked me to hang out with his 8-year-old daughter and prep her for their move to France.
"An important philosopher once said that you can't step in the same river twice."
"Wasn't that Pocahontas?"

2:20- run into Erin Fisher. Hug!

2:30- Digital Ethnography. Videos and discussions and planning for the first annual Diggie Awards.
"So next week class isn't here, it's in the RV out back?"

4:30- Zumba!

6:00- Challenge worship practice. UCC's grand piano.
"Bob Dylan wrote it, Hendrix made it famous, and Dave Matthews did THAT to it. Whatever THAT is. But the Hendrix version is so... silk."

8:30- catch up with Chris.
"If you came to my graduation party, my grandpa would freak out 'cause you're white."

9:00- Geek fun on Google, and not a bit of homework.

This has been a good day. And if you have time, go find those bearded missionary guys! It'll definitely be the most interesting conversation of your day.

-Katie

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home