Katie Go Now!

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Tout pres de personne.

When I go stargazing, it's usually a very real time of worship and silence and awe and... well, you could just say "all things that are good." I went out after Perspectives, and it was not that.

Tonight, I just got mad at the stars for being so far away.

I got mad at GOD for being so far away.

I got mad at everyone who lives 5 minutes from me and who I never see for feeling so far away.

It wasn't even the crisp, clear sky that set it off. It was the song In Your Arms of Love. I don't know who wrote it. We sang it at Perspectives, and for about the tenth time in the past 300 days, I realized, "I know that melody, but the words sound wrong... I do not know this song in English." While everyone else sang what was on the screen, all I could hear was Dean and Audrey:

Je ne veux pas être ailleurs
Que dans tes bras d'amour
Dans tes bras d'amour
Tout pres de toi
Contre ton coeur
Dans tes bras d'amour.


I got mad at myself for being so far away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home