Katie Go Now!

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Karibu Coffee

I'm in the union, waiting for a phone interviewer to call me. And suddenly there are lots of things I want to post here.

1. If you're speaking French on your phone as you wait for your appropriately strong espresso shot, stop and talk to me. The whole world should know that I am willing to converse with anyone francophone at any time. Come on now.

2. I'm really not a fan of people who go about their day/life with this mentality: "You only believe what you believe because you don't know what I know." How about another French idea: "Everyone is reasonable." I guarantee that people will like/respect/appreciate your existence more if you find out why they think the way they do and not the way you do.

3. I still can't figure out why the Swahili word for "you're welcome" is the same as a large mammal native to the Arctic Circle. What the heck?!

4. KC this summer is gonna be fantastic.

-Katie

1 Comments:

  • 2. The mentality of the majority of my calls this week were of the thought "Whatever you know is irrelevant, as my knowledge and statements are of such divine inspiration that you cannot possibly have a thought that could disagree with my statement. Even if you think you disagree, you're wrong, because you don't know what I know. And Jesus told me to call you and make threats..."

    Jesus rocks, but he's got some really creepy members of his flock.

    By Blogger *Lora, At March 6, 2009 at 9:17 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home