Katie Go Now!

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Simply Couldn't Be Happier

I think I'm still living under the fallout of the nuclear explosion of love and happiness that was my birthday last week.

My presentation for Wesch's class is falling together, accompanied by the Slumdog soundtrack and the ever-eclectic crowd of Radina's regulars. This includes my frequent table neighbor Mara, who couldn't have said it better:

"Society is too global for me to keep up."

But we're trying. There are some ladies speaking Chinese at the table by the door. I can't even try to keep up with that.

Maybe I seem unfocused. So many things are going on at once in my mind.
Art, humanity, technology,
steamed milk temperatures,
phonemes and morphemes,
connection and isolation.

St. Augustine and St. Patrick, Dr. Seuss and Starbucks.
Indian novels and tongue-in-cheek memoirs.
Laundry and Target, brother and pseudo-sisters.

Yes, this ALL has to do with my project. Holism is a lot to handle.

-Katie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home